Carnival in Platja d’Aro has converted in the star of the local celebrations in the Costa Brava. At Hotel San Jorge, located just three minutes by car from the city centre, we invite you to find out more about these celebrations.
Dates for Carnival 2019 in Platja d’Aro
Carnival 2019 in Playa de Aro will take place from Saturday 23rd February until Wednesday 6th March.
During these days, the timetable will be full of activities catering to all audiences. Please see below details of some of the performance highlights:
- Presentation of las “Collas” or of the “participating groups” in English. It is the kick off of the party, with performances and dancing with a moving disco.
- Children´s meeting point in S’Agaró, seven minutes by car from Platja d’Aro.
- Pregón de los Reyes de Carnaval in the plaza del Ayuntamiento de Platja d’Aro followed by a popular aperitif.
- Gran Rúa de Carnaval de Carrozas y Comparsas, a procession with 4.000 figures accompanied by live bands from all over Cataluña and Europe.
- Entierro de la Sardina, with which we say goodbye to the fancy dress outfits until next year, with a “sardinada popular”.
So that each year more people join the fiesta, the aim of the Ayuntamiento de Platja d’Aro and the Fedeación de Collas who organize it, is to maintain a programme that is largely free and available to everyone, with street performances in which everyone can participate.
Carnival in the Costa Brava
The Carnival in Platja d’Aro is without doubt the most famous in all the Costa Brava but it isn´t the only one. We also recommend a few others that are close by to our Hotel:
- Palamós. Palamós –14 minutes by car from – It was one of the first cities in the Costa Brava to celebrate Carnival. The most important days are centred around the weekend: on Saturday, with a grand procession during the afternoon and a dance during the night, and on Sunday, with an exhibition of costumes.
- Tossa de Mar. Joint with Blanes y Lloret de Mar, Tossa –30 minutes away from Playa de Aro, by car – forms part of the Carnival celebrations south of the Costa Brava. Some years it offers a little something different, a cooking competition.
- L’Escala. In the Carnival in l’Escala – 45 minutes away by car from Playa de Aro– Highlights include the dance of the Farandola. A type of conga in the form of a chain, very fun both for adults and little ones. A fiesta full of colour and activities for all the family.
Hoteles for the Carnival de Playa de Aro
In the Hotel San Jorge with 4 superior stars you can enjoy a great location to experience the Carnival in Playa de Aro the way it deserves. Less than four minutes by car to the city centre, offering you the opportunity to return afterwards to a calm idyllic setting, right next to the beach, where your only neighbours are the sea and the mountainous landscape of the Costa Brava.
With stunning views and of two of the most famous coves in the area, in our facilities you will find all the services you need, with outdoor pool and spa, as well as others.
Remember that by making your reservation on our Official Web Page you are guaranteed the best price. Click on this link to see all of our offers.
We await you this Carnival 2019 in Playa de Aro.