Costa Brava festivals
PARK HOTEL SAN JORGE
Costa Brava Festivals: Cap Roig, Porta Ferrada and Peralada 2019
Summer and Costa Brava are not only synonyms for beach. The success of festival´s such as Cap Roig, Porta Ferrada and Perelada are further proof of everything the area has to offer.
Staying in the 4 superior star Hotel San Jorge you can comfortably attend all of them:
- Porta Ferrada Festival, held in Sant Feliu de Guíxols, just 15 minutes by car from our Hotel.
- Cap Roig Festival, held in Calella de Palafrugell, just 25 minutes away.
- Perelada Festival, 1 hour and a half
You will find us between Playa de Aro and Sant Antoni de Calonge, in an idyllic enclave with direct access to Belladona and Cap Roig coves, with crystal clear water and surrounded by nature.
Porta Ferrada Festival
Porta Ferrada Festival will celebrate its 57th edition, staying true to its mix of styles. Music, radio, theatre…a very complete summer program so that there is a little something for everyone.
- Dates. From 4th July to 20th August.
- Program. In chronological order: La Gran Ofensa, There was a fiesta at Carnegie Hall, La Resistencia (with David Broncano), Las cosas extraordinarias, Hem de parlar, nene (with Andreu Buenafuente), Fiesta Solidària (with the performance by Por Fin Es Viernes), Bona Gent (with Quim Masferrer), Manolo Garcia, Ólafur Arnalds, Melody Gaardot, Malandain Ballet Biarritz, Joan Baez, Xarim Aresté, God Save The Queen, Salif Keita + The Wailers, Grease Reloaded, Els Pets, El Pot Petit, L’Últim Indi, Jordi Savall & Carlos Núñez, Luz Casal, Josep Bros, Patti Smith & Band, José Mercé – Tomatito, Manuel Carrasco, Marea, Amaia, Joan Colomo, New Order, Melendi, Solistas Covent Garden, The Human League, Beret, Joan Dausà, Gecko Turner, Paniagua – Gibril – Burruezo.
- Tickets. The timetable and the entrance fees are different for each performance. The venue opens 2 hours before each show.
- How to get there. If you travel by car, on-site parking is available. If you prefer public transport, you can travel in the Sarfa bus.
Cap Roig Festival
The Cap Roig Castle and its botanical gardens are the stage for this Festival with unique sea views.
- Dates. This 2019 the festival will take place from 12th July to 21st August. All concerts are at 22h.
- Program. In chronological order, the programmed concerts are as follows: Maluma, Nile Rodgers & CHIC, Sting, Diana Krall, Sílvia Pérez Cruz & Marco Mezquida, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Liam Gallagher, Pastora Soler, Luis Fonsi, Rozalén, Jaime Cullum, Katie Melua, Jorge Drexler, Taburete, Ramon Mirabet, The Vamps, Mag Lari, Vanesa Martín, Alvaro Soler, Eros Ramazzotti, David Bisbal, Morat, La Família del Super3, Aitana, Ara Malikian, Ainhoa Arteta (who will close the festival with a solidarity concert).
- Tickets. The price of the tickets vary depending on the concert. The cheapest concerts have tickets priced from 25-35€ and the most expensive from 220€ (Sting).
- Travel. GPS location: Latitud: 41°52’36.99″N Longitud: 3°10’37.51″E.Jardín Botánico de Cap Roig, camí del Rus, s/n, 17210 Calella de Palafrugell. Palafrugell – Mont-ras.
On-site parking is available.
The Perelada Castle Festival offers and extensive program in its medieval venue during the months of July and August.
The Auditorium, in the gardens, is perfect for summer concerts. The Church and the Cloister, on the other hand, invite you to let yourself be seduced by the recitals, small operas and other intimate performances.
- Dates. July and August 2019
- Program. In chronological order: Ballet Teatro Mariinsky, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Un Atardecer en Malaveina, Cirque Éloize, Paul Anka, Diàlegs de Tirant e Carmesina, La Fura dels Baus, Ludovic Téizer, Ballet Nacional Sodre, Pink Martini, Camilla Nylund, Joseph Calleja, La Traviata, Human Love, Love Divine, Juan Diego Florez, Gustavo Dudamel, Jessie J, Damaris Gelabert, Cita a Ciegas, Agosto Danza, Sondra Radvanovsky, Maestro.
- Tickets. There are 8 different ticket price ranges, with a wide variety of prices.
- Travel. To facilitate access to the concerts in the Auditorium there is a bus to and from Barcelona, leaving at 18h from Ronda Sant Pere, 21.